Friday, July 25, 2008

One More 10K

A new tradition began this year....Jenna, Amanda & I ran the 24th of July 10K. I was happy Amanda was able to do the run....seeing it was her idea. Amanda's mom is dying of cancer so she spent most of the evening with her, but was able to join us later at the hotel & run the 10K. Jenna and I spent the evening eating most of the Olive Garden (at least it sure felt like it) as well as PB M&M's, Tootsie Rolls, and Sour Patch Watermelons. Needless to say I was happy when I got to run off all of those calories in the morning.

We woke up at 4:53.....WAY too early to be running. As you can see it is still kind of dark outside and we are about to start running. Are we crazy? We may just be.....

The race went really, really well for me....in fact I sent a PR (personal record). It probably helped that the first 2 miles were downhill. I had my own timer and thus I know that the "official" time was not correct (even though we had a chip on our shoe). I think the chip only recorded when we crossed the finish line. Anyways, my watch said I ran it in 56:31.....5 min faster than my 4th of July 10K (61 min) and a 9:05 min mile. My "official" time was 57:10.....I'm going with my watch! Needless to say, I was shocked myself at my time. I was hoping for "under 60 min."

It was a fun race and I felt good pretty much the entire time (including my knee). I was a little sore this morning when I woke up and then I ran 10 more miles (still training for my half marathon in 2 weeks).....needless to say I'm not sure if I'll be able to walk tomorrow....I'm already feeling it!

Here we are post run.....looking beautiful as always (thanks Jenna for the pictures).

Jenna, Me, Amanda

9 comments:

amanda said...

I'm so glad we did it. I had so much fun,
I can't believe you still ran 10 miles the next day. YOu are crazy seeing as I can't even walk. I am sooooo sore.

Heather said...

Wow, good for you! I can't stand running and so 10 miles sounds somewhere akin to a million. Glad it's you and not me. :) Great job.

Amy said...

Way to Go!!! I am very impressed!!! We should run together sometime. I am always looking for a running partner.... someone to get me off my lazy bum.

Anyway... GOOD JOB!

Jenna said...

Thanks for giving away all our eating secrets! Thanks for running with me! I look forward to next year. It will be a fun tradition.

Justin and Amy said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Justin and Amy said...

You are a running maniac! I'm so impressed. And you look so great with little Sierra. She is absolutely precious. I miss you guys!

Brooke said...

Jen! I wish I could run a 10K. I wish I could run a 5K...You are freaking awesome! Way to go! How is your friend and her mom?

Carrie Wood said...

Good job Jen!I remember the days when you said you couldn't run! Liar, liar! You are fast!

Anonymous said...

You are nuts. I still can't wrap my head around the fact that you enjoy running. Ew. You need to update the blog. Maybe with how your new job is. Being as I'm your sister, and have yet to even hear. :)