Sunday, March 2, 2008

I may not be a pro-snowboarder

I have learned a sad, sad lesson. Unfortunately this one is backed up by video proof. I thought I was nearly a pro-snowboarder, but after watching what the pro's do on skis I think I'm far from turning pro! LOL!

A few weeks ago we went to the World Cup Moguls at Deer Valley. These are the GIRLS doing their tricks off of the jumps AFTER they have already gone down the mountain with icy moguls with incredible speed.



Now this is me going off a jump at incredible speeds and with AMAZING trickery. Don't blink you might miss me.....oh wait, maybe I could RUN down the hill faster! (I promise it is a video, but it doesn't show a "preview")



I seriously thought I was going faster than this off this jump. I'm very disappointed that my speed appears to be not even enough to make it over the jump. Although you will see the speed is apparently fast enough to make me not land the jump on my feet. Also note the young kids (14-15 yrs old) that were sitting up on the hill above me. They did BACK FLIPS off this jump....apparently you can do many tricks when you hit the jump with some speed. I also enjoyed that when they talked with me up on the mountain they said "It is ok, we've probably been snowboarding longer than you and are much younger than you!" I'm apparently past my prime.....at least to some 14 year olds. I still feel I "have it."

However, I now realize that I have many more years ahead of me of having a season pass before I can claim to be a great/pro snowboarder. I also don't think age is on my side unfortunately. I believe I will be getting older, not younger.

4 comments:

Jenni said...

Hi Jen. This is Zach Peacock's wife if you didn't remember. I found your blog last night while clicking through some other blogs. Zach and I had a good laugh over some of your entries.
Anyway, don't feel bad about the jump. I've been skiing since I was 10 and I'm still afraid to hit the jumps. So kudos to you for even attempting.

P.S. I'm putting a link to you on my blog (your blog is just so entertaining) so let me know if you have a problem with that.

Kellie Glade said...

Jen~ I've had your link on my blog for sometime now and sorry that I haven't commented before now. Yas saw your 100 things about you and then put it on our 'Meier' website that we have and then I put mine on my blog. I love reading your posts! You crack me up! I've only tried skiing once on a date and I guess I put the ski boot on too tight because I swear I broke my leg because I couldn't feel it once we got off the ski lift. Let's just say that I never went skiing again. I think I started too late to start trying and I hate being cold. Feel free to check out our blog. Love ya, Kellie

Laura said...

Sam had a good laugh about your video. He wanted me to write that he laughed his butt off, but I didn't want to write that.

amanda said...

Jen you totally compare to the pros. Wow I am amazed. You're awesome!
I'm also amazed at your blogging updates. You've joined the craze.