I really must be getting older now. In the last year I have forgotten at least 4 of my friends and families birthdays...probably more that I can't even remember right now (sorry Jenna, Jamie, Stacy, & Ryan) I remember them the day before or late the day off, but of course do I remember them at the right time....NO!! Since I have found I have this problem I have started setting up reminders in my email so they will flash at me at work. In theory this would work, but my first trial run appears it did not....at least for a weekend birthday.
The most recent forgetfulness came on Laura Gardner's (Bates) 30th birthday this past Saturday (3/1). I remembered weeks ago, set up a reminder in my work email system to remind myself to set my phone alarm for the day of so I would call her (since it was a Saturday). Well I set the alarm but didn't ENABLE it so it didn't go off. Thus I remembered at 11:30pm. I didn't think she would enjoy being woken up on her birthday! Seriously....what is wrong with me?
So in advance I apologize for being the worst friend/family member EVER! As for my next birthday I won't be offended if nobody calls me. I totally deserve it!
And for those who read my blog.....Happy belated birthday Laura AND Happy Birthday Sharon (on March 16th).....see I know it's coming, but somehow I suck the day of.
Sunday, March 2, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


3 comments:
Yeah...I am still holding a grudge over that one! How many years have we been friends? It must be the old age!
No worries :)
I do believe that you received an email on your bday. I waited all day and night and nothin!!! Just teasin. Just feel lucky that you are remembering now!!
Post a Comment