I got there on Friday afternoon at it was a "cool" 90 degrees with more humidity than I would even care to know about. We promptly went golfing as we had previously planned...LOL! Nicole informed me that it was much cooler than it had been. I tried to believe her as I wiped the sweat from every pour on my body. It was fun to golf though. I really enjoyed it and it felt like a real workout since I sweat so much :)
The next day we got up and went to the Farmer's market. No pictures of that yet as shower's had not been taken. It had cooled off significantly and was actually raining a bit. We then headed to some hole in the wall hamburger joint that we had seen on TV. It was awesome to say the least, even though they didn't give us plates! Seriously so good and they had TV's where all the football games were being played.
On Sunday we headed out to visit Winter Quarters before going to church with Nicole. It was interesting to walk around the grounds and see the temple and visitors center.
Are these "Mitchell's" some of my relatives? I need to be better at family history to find out.
After church we just hung out and talked at Nicole's and then went on a walk. On our walk there was a Buddhist wedding going on in the park. We may have stayed too long watching, but we did get this one cute picture of all 3 of us :)
Monday was a beautiful day. We went downtown to get pedicures and then there was a parade going on that we watched, ate lunch, met Chef Boyardee and then it was time to head back to Utah.
We had a great weekend and it was interesting to see Nicole's life. That being said I think she is WAY braver than I am to live in Omaha as a single person. I'll just leave it at that!


1 comment:
Yes, Nicole is a brave gal. I am sure you are too! I am glad you got to go out there!
Post a Comment