Missing 2 others that got lost finding their families or tearing their ACL's before this picture was taken
A new tradition was made this year. A bunch of our EMBA class got together to "run" the Dirty Dash. I had never run this before, but a 5K through the mud with some of my favorite people sounded like tons of fun.
Our team name (Back of the Bus) came from our trip cause only the cool people sat in the back of the bus where all of life's problems were discussed (and unfortunately for the singles they have not all been "solved" yet)! We ran the 5K version in just under 1.5 hours....LOL! We did have a 30 minute intermission for an injury, but once you are wet and muddy you aren't really going to run the 5K for a PR. It's all about making sure everyone is as muddy as possible.
As I mentioned earlier, we did have one casualty on our team (torn ACL) but it was a fluke accident as Matt jumped into water he thought was a foot deep and it ended up being only about 2 inches deep. Luckily was all caught on video. It is likely Matt's own fault though for wearing that Ute shirt though :-)
Thanks to Todd for having a waterproof HD video camera and for putting together this awesome video to show us in action. Can't wait until next year!!


1 comment:
Okay, I have always wanted to try that run. How fun!
And I can't believe it took me this long to figure out why Melinda looked so familiar, but it just hit me...we were roommates at King Henry. Jen I swear we lived right below you before I moved in with you guys. Have you ever made that connection?
Post a Comment