Tuesday, August 30, 2011

Master Jen!

***Warning...lots of pictures (and this isn't even most of them)***

Oh graduation, where do I begin. I had been looking forward to this day for 2 years, but when it came I really wasn't ready to actually graduate and be done with school. I was, however, very excited to see my classmates and friends.

Our graduation was at 8am, but I had to be there at 7am in order to get my place in line and make sure everything on my cap and gown was in its proper place. Once that was taken care of we had about 45 minutes to just wait in the tunnel until it was time to walk in. Here are a couple of pictures we took in the tunnel while we waited.

Half of my first year team "Skittle Brains" (Tom Olsen, Me, Dave Gourley). Love these guys and wouldn't have made it through the first year without them!

My spot in line (Me, Eric Anderson, Ed Andrew...aka "The Matchmaker")

Our actual graduation ceremony was very short (1 hour) since it was in August. I wasn't complaining because who really wants to sit through 2+ hours of graduation and I also didn't want my poor family to have to sit there for that long either! Here are some pictures Stacy shot as I walked across the floor.

Me laughing at something Matt is telling me during graduation. He was so disruptive :)

Shaking the Dean's hand

Me shaking Dr. Monte Swain's hand (Managerial Accounting Professor)


Hugging "Sugar Daddy Rad" (Professor Radebaugh who went on my trip with me)


The graduate!My parents and Stacy (and all 3 girls!) came to support me. I felt very loved.


Future MBA's....

Does that face get any sweeter?

Ringing the victory bell (I'm pretty sure Jimmer's germs from ringing it this season were transferred to me!)
My favorite picture of the day (good shot Stace!)
After the ceremony we had a reception where all of my classmates and our families could mingle. It was great to see everyone again and for my family to meet some of my dear friends. Hopefully I didn't neglect them for too long. Here are a few photos (I promise that this is a small few of the many that I have).

Me, Mary, Melinda, Mike and Todd


Brent, Gwen, Laura, Mike, Chad, Me, Mary

Mindy, Darren, Chad, Joe, Melinda, Jen, Laura

Melinda, Laura, Me, Mark, Chris, Mary, Mike

Nate, Dave, Todd, Melinda and I with Tad and Debbie (our program directors)

Showing off our capes and our smolders....lethal combination!


A few days prior to graduation Mary, Melinda, Todd & I went and took pictures at night so that we wouldn't have to fight the crowds at the important spots on campus. The funny thing is that we got many honks and congrats from passerby's. Most of these people were old people, but who knew!

Me showing off my graduate "wings." Seriously who decided this was the type of gown we should wear when you get a Masters degree?

Riding the Cougar (it was actually quite hot to sit on)


Y mountain in the background, full sign. Great picture Todd!!

Mary, Melinda, Me, Todd at the waterfall


And my favorite.....a picture of "JeM&M (Jen, Mary and Melinda)


It was a great day and I'm so sad that school is over. I honestly had no idea how much I would miss it, but now everyone is required to call me "Master Jen"

5 comments:

Ken Bagby said...

Fantastic accomplishment! Fantastic pictures! Fantastic, Fantastic, Fantastic!!!! We are so proud of you, words cannot do it justice! I really feel that I have accomplished something; I guess it is true that parents feel the joys (and sorrows) of their children. Once again, a BIG CONGRATULATIONS to Master Jen!!!

Angela and Kevin Reese said...

It does feel good. Congrats!

Heather said...

Master Jen, congratulations! Now what? :)

Annie said...

Yea, Congrats! That is so awesome.

Anonymous said...

Way to go Jen!