Friday, April 25, 2008

One team, one dream (aka nightmare!)

Stacy & I went to our first playoff game this season. I was so excited, had dreams of a sweep.....The Jazz were going to win the NBA championship if they won. I walked in the arena, got my free XL "one team, one dream" T-shirt & was ready to cheer my hear out.

Alas the Jazz yet again got me all riled up & then cut out my heart with their bare hands. Why do I allow them to do that? In fact they acted like they didn't have to really play hard because they were at home. Apparently on your home court there is no need to rebound or make free throws.....at least that is what Boozer thought. (I still LOVE Williams although I wish he could have seen Boozer wide open for that final dunk like I did!)

I assume that Mother Nature's SNOW she delivered yesterday also played a part in this & caused the Jazz to think they needed to play basketball like they did in December.....when they lost 11 out of 13 in one stretch!

I know, I know it is just one game & I still expect the Jazz to win the series, but seriously....why make it harder than it is? I have little to live for & the Jazz winning brings joy to my life....(I'm kidding, sort of)

Also, here is a photo that Stacy begged me to put on my blog! I believe she wanted it posted because and I quote "I (Stacy) look so thin" :) Be happy I cropped it Stace, it could have been worse...at least you are pregnant & the shirt sort of fits you..... Apparently we are all size XL to the Utah Jazz.

5 comments:

Brooke said...

You two look like you had a great time nonetheless. I am not too much of a Jazz fan. Sorry. As for the FREAKING weather, I have just had it!!!

Amy said...

I had the exact same thoughts as you did. What happened?

I actually didn't watch much of the game. I feel like I just jinx them. I turned it on and watched the last 10 minutes. I may have been the reason they lost.

Kellie Glade said...

At least you got to go to a playoff game. We feel your pain. I think Raegan must have heard us screaming because she didn't want to sleep and rather sit in our bed and watch the game with us.

Heather said...

Things never change! Still Jazz fans, eh? :)

Jenna said...

That game was a bummer. At least last night's was better. And cute t-shirt...maybe you can trade off between that and the cute one we got at the race yesterday!