Sunday, April 27, 2008

A great, but LONG day!

Well yesterday was a long, but very eventful and fun day. Okay, really the day was pretty easy and very fun.... just a few events that had me up early and to bed late.

First of all I ran the 5K with Jenna and Amanda. It was their first 5K & they did great! I was also pleased that I ran it in under 29 minutes (I don't know my exact time). I was very pleased since that is faster than I have ever run a 5K. I've never been under 31 minutes! Here is a picture of the runners (after the run)!


Then the rest of the day was full of errands, chores and a brief 30 minute nap in the sun! Although it was only 60 degrees, it felt warm!

Then Stacy & I were off to the Jazz game (8:30pm start). We went to Cafe Rio first and then did a little shopping at the Gateway (well I did). Luckily this Jazz game went much better than Thursday's game. Although we STILL tried to give it back to Houston at the end. I nearly had a heart attack when we were up by 9 and then only up by 2 in a matter of 30 seconds. Luckily the Jazz pulled it out. Here's hoping they can close it out on Tuesday in Houston!

Here is a picture of Stacy & I at the game. I much prefer my own Jazz shirt in pictures as it actually fits me.


7 comments:

Amy said...

Lucky! Two play-off games??? Do you have season tickets or something. I am just jealous.

I think I am the jinx though. I told Niel to just give me updates on the game. I didn't watch it... and wouldn't you know it, they won!

Jenna said...

What a busy day! I enjoyed doing the 5K with you although you left me in the dust! Looking forward to the 10K...

Brooke said...

Yeah Jen! I haven't ran a 5k in over a year. (I should get my butt in gear). You and Stace sure have a great time at those Jazz games.

Justin and Amy said...

What a great picture at the Jazz game! Who took that?:) Yay, I found your blog! Now we can be gym buddies and blog buddies.

amanda said...

The 5k was fun. I don't know how you stayed awake for the jazz game though.

Jess Perry said...

Good job on the 5K...that is awesome. And love the pics of you and Stacy at the Jazz games!!

Carrie Wood said...

Nice job on the 5K. You are motivating me!
Ahhh - Cafe Rio. I miss it so much!