As I was recently getting my haircut, my dear friend and hair dresser Brooke does not believe that this hair cut was really as bad as it was. I've told her the stories, tried to describe it, but really you just have to see it to believe it. So I promised her I would post a picture of it so that she could see the proof. If by some chance she thinks this is a good haircut for me I may be forced to find a new hair dresser. However, I have learned from past experience that you should never, ever have someone over 50 at JCPenneys, cut your hair unless you yourself are close to 50 (or at least desire to look 50+).
I've come a long way since this haircut (I hope!). Unfortunately having this type of haircut at age 19 (and the subsequent "growing it out" period) didn't help the dating scene. Really, who wants to date someone who looks like their mother? Maybe someone who cooks like their mother or something, but not someone who looks 50! I can't blame them. As Kramer on Seinfeld once said "Look away....I'm hideous!!"
So there you have it Brooke. I have posted the ugliest time in my life for you and the entire internet world to see. You can all laugh (and should laugh) at how ugly I was. For those of you who have remained my friends through this haircut I consider our friendship priceless as our friendship is obviously built on more than what I looked like.....or perhaps I was just your "project" at the time and then you found out I was SUPER COOL too....LOL!
P.S. Becki should be happy I cut her out of this picture. I didn't have her consent to post a picture of her back then nor do I think she would be pleased with viewing it :)
P.P.S. Also FYI....this picture was taken as Becki & I did the "NuSkin half time shoot out" at the BYU vs. Utah basketball game. At the time, I won a ton of NuSkin haircare products for making a layup, free throw, & 3 pointer. Who would have known I would have had NuSkin everywhere in my house & didn't need to showcase the 27 Layer haircut to the entire Marriott Center.


10 comments:
Oh wow, I really didn't realize how bad it actually was! I really feel bad for you! I don't know if you dare post the picture on here, as you might get some perverted red-necks hitting on you. But hey, if that's what you're into! :) You are very pretty now Badishy.
After doing your hair Friday, I have been faithful about checking your blog to see the "27 layer" haircut. YEAH! You found the picture! I am not one to say not very nice things about people, but I do want to continue doing your hair. I will say that it is not the best haircut I have seen on you. I also don't even think that this "27 layer" picture even looks like you. Thanks for posting it for me!!
Oh the memories...I don't remember it being that bad. Good thing our friendship survived the "curly fat days" and FYI I will still be your friend no matter what your hair looks like, just don't revert back to that anytime soon. Maybe will take a trip to JC Pennys together in about 20 years. And maybe by then that haircut might be cool.
Wow!
And you were embarrassed about your driver's license photo.
LAUGH! Ok... that is the best picture ever. And I thought our high school pictures looked bad.
Thanks for posting it. it gave me quit a smile for tonight.
JC Pennys is for clothes...NOT haircuts. I've heard the stories but never experienced the photos until now. Wow...I've seen bad but that is...pretty scary. You do look a lot older. And yes, you have come along way so those of you boys who turned away back then...watch out now:)
LMAO! Matt and I had a great time at your expense...hope you don't mind :)
I recognized the picture right away. Thanks for cutting me out of the picture, I'm pretty sure my haircut wasn't much better :) Our hair might not of been great, but it sure was fun times!
I miss 27 layer Jen and Rainbow bright Becki...they went well with mop head Stacy...man our first year together as roomates I'm sure we were the ward project...
WOW!!!! That is one great haircut. I am really sorry to admit this but I thought, so Old Bag posted a picture of her mom! You certainly do not look 19!!! You have so recovered and it is fun to look back now when you look so good!!
Post a Comment