Thursday, December 15, 2011

Universtal Studios (aka Harry Potter World)

So I'm sure many of my friends will be very disappointed in this post, but I have never really gotten into the Harry Potter series, I've tried to watch them before this trip, but I only made it through 3 so I didn't really "get" most of Harry Potter world.

I did however, enjoy the fact that I could watch Suzanne and Kim "geek out" at all of the Harry Potter stuff. I also learned that skeletons are actually called "Dementors" after they scared me on the ride in the castle. I have to admit that even though I wasn't a HP nerd I definitely felt like I was transformed into a new world.
The butter beer was also delicious.


After Harry Potter world we went to the rest of Universal Studios and Islands of Adventure. I don't think I've seen any amusement park as deserted as they were, not even Lagoon! We had no wait on all rides, in fact we got annoyed at some rides because they are set up assuming there is a line and you go through a lot of rooms where you watch videos before the ride so they force you to wait! Highlights included:

They don't mess around on their water rides. Even with a poncho I wish I had my swimsuit on. They were crazy wet with really big, fast drops.
Suzanne loves Jurassic Park WAY too much.....:)
I don't enjoy going up a 90 degree roller coaster slowly while hanging upside down......just shoot me over the top already!
The Mummy ride was awesome. Loved it!
I wish I could have enjoyed the Simpsons ride.....it was simulated and Suzanne and I had to close our eyes almost the whole time so we didn't throw up!

No comments: