For Christmas this year I went to Disney World with Suzanne and Kim (a little early though). In between Thanksgiving and Christmas has to be the best time of the year to go to Disney World because it was empty. We almost never waited in line and could have done everything in 2 days (but we had 3 day passes). As Suzanne said "we wait for nothing!!" (after there was a 15 min line for a ride). It was wonderful to go on so many rides and see so many shows that I've never had time to see in my previous trips. Here are some of the highlights:
Animal Kingdom
Safari is best in the morning. All the animals are out and right next to the jeep!
The dinosaur ride is really are scary for me (as evidenced by the picture below)
I really, really, really like the Mt. Everest Roller Coaster.
Finding Nemo the musical is super cute and fun even for 3 single adults
Ponchos are very handy on the water rides (thanks Suzanne!)
I still "have it" with my awesome Orem "tiger" cheerleading moves
Lion King show dancers are a little scary to watch from the front row (WAY too close!)

Magic Kingdom
Dole Whip Pineapple ice cream - Delicious!
I need to figure out how to not cry at the fireworks (stupid "Wishes do come true!")
Florida does not appear to celebrate Christmas like Disneyland does. I was pretty sad that "It's a Small World" was not the Christmas version
Splash Mountain is awesome when you get to go 2 times in a row without getting out of your log
You can learn an awful lot about how much "progress" the world has made by going on the "Carousel of Progress"
I'm too old to spin on the tea cups so I made us just sit on them without spinning like the elderly people.
Contrary to popular belief you can not meet Flynn Rider (or any of the princes). Apparently they are only part of the parade.
Hollywood StudiosRockin Roller Coaster, Tower of Terror, Rockin Roller Coaster, Tower of Terror in under an hour is a bit much and rattles your brains up
Never go in blue lights with bleached hair. Everyone will find out you aren't a natural blonde!
I was unsuccessful in my bid to get Suzanne to audition for American Idol, but we did enjoy the show!
I still hate Star Tours and had to close my eyes throughout most of it while having flashbacks of Amber puking on me last time we were there. Suzanne however went on it alone 3 times while Kim and I went to see the Muppets.

Epcot
It's really fun to "eat your way around the world" but you might feel sick afterwards.
Always eat at Le Celier (an amazing and pricey steakhouse in Canada). Well worth my $65!
The line was too long to meet Mary Poppins so we just looked from afar
And finally, this is what 4 days of amusement park rides can do for you. We did not plan this picture.....this was our 4th time on this ride. I guess it lost it's excitement.


2 comments:
Jen-We were there between Thanksgiving and Christmas too! We were there their week after Thanksgiving. It is too much fun!
This post will really come in handy when I someday plan a trip to Disneyland!
Post a Comment