Tuesday, January 20, 2009

I'm a klutzz!!

It seems in my old age I'm becoming very clumsy. First mallet finger, now this..... Last night in my boot camp class (which by the way is EXCELLENT) I was hurdling benches as we normally do. Well towards the end of our 4 minute interval I must have been getting tired as I didn't completely clear the bench and my foot caught on the side of it. Needless to say I completely ate it. The class was running in a line so of course everyone behind me crashed into me and tried to help me. I jumped back up & kept running even though I had rolled my ankle and it didn't feel just right. I was too embarrassed. Anyways, I finished the class and came home. My ankle felt a little sore, but nothing too bad, but then when I woke up this morning it was nice & swollen and I had a limp. Apparently it did do some damage and now I have a "cankle"

I guess I won't be going to boot camp for a while :)

6 comments:

Laura said...

That is just sad. No one likes a Cankle (sp?).

Annie said...

ouch. That doesn't look good.

Amy said...

Laugh... you are so funny! I shouldn't laugh at your mishaps, but I can't help it!

Hope you feel better soon!!

Angela and Kevin Reese said...

Well, at least you did it exercising and you didn't just trip.

Carrie Wood said...

You aren't any more clumsy than I would be. But, way to go, Jen!

Brooke said...

A cankle huh? Jen, be careful. How are you feeling today? Are you going to go see a doctor just to get it checked out?