Monday, December 8, 2008

Sad Day...Mallet Finger returns

So over the past week my supposedly repaired mallet finger has continued to droop more and more. It doesn't hurt or anything, but it definitely doesn't look normal. I thought I'd better check back in with the hand doctor before I just live with it and sadly it appears I'm not like the other 95% of mallet finger patients who have a finger that repairs itself. I'm in the 5%. He told me I probably will need surgery, but I have to wait 8 weeks to get into the hand surgeon so I might as well wear my brace for the next 6 weeks while I wait for my appointment to see if it helps any. Surgery? Seriously? This can't be true.

So I have my brace on again until Feb 2. At least I'm seeing the "best" hand surgeon in the state. By then I will be going on 5 months with a splint. I should have just had surgery to begin with!

All for an iPhone....next time I'm letting it drop!

5 comments:

amanda said...

Oh you poor thing. Hey at least it makes for a great story.

Laura said...

That sucks! Sorry :(

Brooke said...

So how about this...I never celebrated your birthday with you in October. You will be getting your little brace off 1 day before my birthday. Lets go celebrate birthdays and your finger!!

Angela and Kevin Reese said...

Wow! This is a troublesome finger. Such drama!

Habs said...

For some reason the only thing I could think when reading this was,"Jen is getting a hand job". Is that bad?