So how do you know your old? Oh well I'll tell you.....I've found it happens at age 33 when your birthday plans consist of the following:
- A phone call at 12:10am from a well-intentioned friend wanting to be the "1st to wish you Happy Birthday" wakes you up from a deep slumber & you try to not be upset as you attempt to fall back asleep.
- An early morning meeting at work, forcing you to get to work earlier than normal (remember #1 above.....)
- A very, very busy day at work with a million meetings and a million things to try & get done.
- A GMAT prep class from 5-9pm...good times, good times.
- Going to the gym after your class
- Watching "The Office" on TV (Okay, this is actually why I look forward to any Thursday)
- Going to bed early so you can get to physical therapy the next morning at 7am.
Yeah, the list of birthday fun above reminds me more and more that I'm an adult and not turning 16 anymore. The worst part about it is that I honestly didn't care about any birthday plans. I now understand how my parents didn't care about their birthdays growing up.
I did get to go to Chick-fil-a for my birthday lunch at work which was of course delicious. I enjoyed it even more since I get rejected daily when I suggest Chick-Fil-A for lunch. For some reason I'm the only one who thinks it is delicious.
I do want to say thank you to all my friends and family who called to wish me a Happy Birthday! Sorry I couldn't talk to everyone of you.....many of you called during the most exciting part of my day.....my GMAT prep class.
Sunday, November 2, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


12 comments:
Who was the 12:00 call from? Good thing I wished you happy birthday the day before. Are we still planning on Tuesday night dinner! Oh to be old.
Gosh you are old! I hope you had a good birthday even though it was filled with grown up responsibilities. We need to go to lunch soon!
Being a grownup is no fun! I say we go toilet papering next weekend.... just for old time sake!
Happy Birthday!!! Can I take you to Chick-Fil-A .... again! We must have some type of good memories to that place because I can never get enough of it!
Love you!
Wow. What an exciting birthday. So why the GMAT prep class? Are you going back to school?
I am the WORST friend ever. I planned on calling or emailing Thursday and by the time I got home around 10pm I had forgotten. I am so so sorry. I hope you had the best birthday!! Sure sounds like it from your blog!
Miss you!
Happy Birthday Jen! I am so sorry I didn't email you or post on facebook or something. I promise I thought about you several times and have since too. We need to go to lunch soon.
Happy birthday Jen! Is this what I have to look forward to at 33? Glad I won't be there for.. oh.. another six months. Are you going to go back and get your MBA? I think you should! Love ya!
Ya, I am really sorry I haven't been able to talk to you yet. Happy Birthday though!
I hope your 33rd year brings you all you could ever hope for. Even though the papers say your 33, you are only as old as you feel. I hope you feel 18!!
Hope you had a great birthday. I just had mine as well, and no biggie! Matt and I now have a blog, www.latemodel66.blogspot.com Hope all is well with you!
Jen, thought I would wait to wish you a happy birthday now. I knew that I wouldn't wake you up. I thought about you all day...may be my good intentions will catch up with me one day.
Happy belated birthday!!! 33...soooo young :)
Post a Comment