Sunday, June 1, 2008

Summer is finally, finally here!

So two posts in one night! I had to finish one I previously started. Anyways, finally, finally summer appears to be on its way here. It hasn't been roasting hot yet, but it is definitely warming up. I haven't made it to the pool yet, but I'm sure that is coming soon! The past few days have been EXCELLENT and here are the top 10 reasons why (in no particular order):

1. I was able to run outside in the mornings in shorts without freezing
2. My double-header softball game on Wednesday did not involve me wearing a beanie or a sweatshirt. I was able to wear shorts & not freeze!
3. I BBQ'd a steak & a hamburger for dinner (separate nights of course!)
4. I got to go roller blading up the canyon (although I also learned while roller blading that the kids these days do not roller blade anymore. They long board or bike (road bikes). There were sadly only 2 other couples roller blading).
5. Laying out in my backyard, getting a real good tan & actually sweating (time for the floaty in the pool).
6. Sunday walk after sunset - WONDERFUL
7. Reading a book on my deck in the evening (finished Pride & Prejudice)
8. Washing my car (and hoping it stays clean)
9. Going to the Parade of Homes - okay, not necessarily summer, but we did go & saw some beautiful, beautiful homes.
10. Driving with the A/C on for more than 2 seconds.

I sure hope summer is here to stay! This winter weather was here way, way too long! Seriously, it was the longest winter ever!

4 comments:

Heather said...

Jen, floaties in the pool, rollerblading . . . some things never change! :)

Carrie Wood said...

You are always looking on the bright side of life - one of the best qualities about you!

Jess Perry said...

Lots of fun things...and I agree. I hope this weather is here to stay. If I wake up to snow one more time I don't know what I will do, but it will be drastic!

amanda said...

It's now Tuesday night and a little chilly outside. What is up?? What happened to summer when it's just warm? No need to think about what you are going to wear.