Well I received a new calling today. It is my first calling since I've been in the family ward and it is in the nursery. Today was my first day and I have to say I don't understand why people hate it. Cute kids play around you, you read them stories, feed them treats, sing songs (that part is hilarious!) and teach them a lesson (today we learned that we taste with our tongues and eat with our mouths). Maybe it is because I don't have kids that having 16 kids for 2 hours a week doesn't seem rough. It is almost a welcome break from the boredom of my life. It also gets me out of our Sunday school lessons that often include comparing the Book of Mormon to various movies (Lord of the Rings, Star Trek, Star Wars, GhostBusters (seriously), etc).....
It was also my first day....I may learn soon why it is so bad.
Sunday, June 8, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


12 comments:
Good for you, Jen! I'm sure you'll love the nursery even though you may see why children can be challenging at times!
I'm with you. I think the Nursery calling is the best. Zach and I had that calling when we first got married and we both loved it. You get to play, have snack time, and be silly for two hours every Sunday.
How fun! I think Nursery would be super fun too (although not while being this PG). I'm sure there will be days when many of the kids seem cranky and you'll be glad when church is over, but most of the days I'm sure you'll enjoy it.
I think this calling is going to provide with many a funny blog entry.
What a great calling for you since you are so good with kids. Can I send mine to you for practice during the week?
I don't think it is bad. Have fun. How could being with so many innocent little ones be bad?
I think Nursery is an awesome calling. Plus you always have other people to help out and you get the kids and just get to have fun!!
Nursery! Ha! You are the perfect "type" to be in there (and let me tell you, I've been in enough Primary Presidencies to know that finding a good nursery leader is as difficult as Relief Society President).
I'm sure you'll do great. Plus, the benefits (goldfish in the middle of church?!) are great! :)
I loved being in the nursery. I am with you I don't know why everyone dreads being in the nursery. What is not to like? you get snacks and get to play with toys!! Have fun with your new calling.
I was a nursery worker for a few months... it was fun... but definitely has its ups and downs. But I guess you are right... it is an alternative to Sunday School teachers using Sci-Fi movies in comparison to the Book of Mormon. I have to admit, I laughed out loud when I read that:)
Jen you'll be a fantastic nursery teacher! Maybe we'll just have to bring Raegan to your ward when she hits 18 months in October. Everyone in our ward hates it, but I really wouldn't mind being in it. Little kids are hilarious and it sure beats the boring Sunday School lessons :)
Oh I would hate that calling. I guess it is because I enjoy the break. You'd be good at that though. Someday soon it will be your own kids going to the nursery, I just know it.
Post a Comment