Monday, July 16, 2007

Kumbaya.......

As expected this past week was much less eventful then the previous week. However, this weekend did remind me of one particular thing.....I am not a camper!

This weekend was our ward camp out up in Kamas, UT (near Heber). As a member of the activities committee the ward camp out is much, much more then showing up & setting up your tent (although you have to do that also). We had been advised to plan for 200 people so our fun began Thursday night when we got together and put together 200 tin foil dinners. Let's just say that I would prefer to not cut raw chicken for a very, very long time. We packed up our stuff and headed to the campsite which was really some undeveloped land owned by our Bishop, but near a chapel so we had access to the restrooms (very handy). Once we arrived we then had to cook the 200 tin foil dinners we made the night before, which went surprisingly quick. Once that was complete I was able to socialize & enjoy the company of those around me, although their numbers were more like 100, not 200. We sat around the campfire, had "girl talk" and looked at the stars. I am constantly amazed by the quality of people in my ward, especially the girls. Once it was time for bed I had to blow up my pool floaty for my mattress and then I was ready to sleep, too bad not everyone was ready to sleep as tents do not have the same types of walls as are in my home. So after 4 hours of sleep, we awoke and made breakfast at the church (breakfast burritos), cleaned up camp, and headed home. Needless to say I find camping more work then a vacation. Although it is relaxing I'd rather have someone else make my food and clean up my room.

Other notable or not so notable things that happened this week were:
  • I nearly died of smoke inhalation. Lung Cancer may be just around the corner......
  • I saved $1900 by having a guy in my ward fix my floor drain instead of a "professional" who wanted to charge $2000. I had it done for $100.
  • The wasps no longer have a home in my home. Their homes have been filled with foam. I'm sure they are very upset.
  • My NuSkin girls softball team is one win away from the championship. We are currently undefeated.
  • I continue to run and I'm still waiting for running to become fun or make me super skinny (neither of which has happened yet).
  • I attended "Taco Night" with friends in the ward. It was your basic "stand around" as we like to call them.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

You are more adventuresome than I am with camping! Was the smoke inhalation directly related to camping?