At the end of April and the first 2 weeks of May I went on my final foreign business excursion (FBE) for my EMBA program. The purpose of the trip was to take the place of an internship that the day MBA program does since in the EMBA program we all have jobs already. We visit businesses and see international business in action. We then do some reports when we get back and we get class credit for the trip.
Well our trip was originally supposed to go to Egypt, Morocco, Turkey and Dubai, but the recent political uprising in Egypt made the EMBA office scramble to replace Egypt with a different country. We ended up going to Spain, Greece, Turkey and Dubai. I was pretty sad to not go to Egypt, but in retrospect our entire trip changed because of this sudden change. Because we had to make last second changes to our itinerary it was very hard to get business visits scheduled. So while the other 2 trips in the class went on about 14-16 business visits we went on 6.....2 of which were US Embassy's (does that really count as a business visit??).
So I basically went on vacation with 30 of my classmates......and oh what a vacation we had!! It pretty much felt like adult EFY/summer camp, etc. To date I would say it is the BEST trip I've been on in my life and it was all because of the people I was with. We honestly could have gone to Scipio, Utah and had the same amount of fun with this group. It was a perfect blending of personalities and I think I laughed 99% of my time on the trip!
There is absolutely no way I can post all the pictures, but the best way to see how our trip went and what we did is to watch this video that was posted on my facebook account (I tried to upload it to youtube, but they stripped out the copyrighted music). I'll warn you it is 14 minutes long, but I love it (and it took a TON of time for a few of us to put together) and I don't think it is that boring to watch.
http://www.facebook.com/video/video.php?v=2092203901114&comments&set=t.1125774468&type=1
I've also posted a few of my favorite pictures that aren't in the video below:
Melinda and I found these awesome shirts in Spain.......
A few of us waiting out a thunderstorm in Madrid...
We played a lot of games on the bus, sang a lot of songs, took a lot of naps and completely analyzed the singles dating lives. I loved the "Back of the Bus, Circle of Trust."
Some of the group in Toledo, Spain....
Andrew, Me, Chad, and Melinda in Delphi, Greece.
The Parthenon!
Love Todd & Lori Berrett....the singles chaperones!
We went on this dinner cruise in Istanbul. It was beautiful, but a little cold.....
Don't fall......
I'm on a camel!!
I went skiing in the desert! Matt, me, and Dave....
Like I said...watch the video, but this was the best trip ever!!!


No comments:
Post a Comment