This year a few friends and I chose to NOT go to the mid-singles Halloween party (I HATE Halloween with a passion and adding a dance with a bunch of 30+ year old singles who I've been living near or around for 6 years does not sweeten the deal at all). Luckily a few of us have the same opinion about these Halloween parties and we all had a good excuse to not attend.....my birthday!
We decided to go to the Cheesecake Factory and a movie. I have to admit that if there is a night to go to the Cheesecake Factory and have NO wait it is Halloween (or the night Halloween is celebrated in Utah). We got there on Saturday night at 6:15 and were promptly seated. After a eating (alot!) and chatting for 2 hours we went to see a movie called "My Girlfriend's Boyfriend." It was a locally produced film, but not a "mormon" movie (another thing I hate). It could have been so much better than it actually was. The storyline was decent, but not developed like it should have been. I mean it did have Alyssa Milano in it and Who's the Boss was my all-time favorite TV show growing up, but she didn't have the chemistry I needed her to have with the guys in this movie. Also even though it wasn't a "mormon" film it was a little too cliche "utah." By this I mean they got engaged at Ensign Peak and stuff like that. Overall it was okay, but could have been so much better.
Here is a picture of all of us at the Cheesecake Factory. I love these girls!
(Elisa, Kristan, Me, Kathy)
Also I just needed to post this beautiful picture (sadly taken from my iphone) of BYU campus on Friday during the drive home from the football game. Campus was just beautiful on Saturday. It was a GREAT day for a football game. 65 degrees on Nov 6th, shorts and a t-shirt at the game, BYU scored 55 point and WON! Such a great day.


1 comment:
Happy Birthday, Jen. I wish I could have been there to enjoy some Cheesecake, too. You're an amazing girl, and I am sure you ARE getting better, so it's good to get older!
Post a Comment