
Last weekend Stacy, Amber and I went to Las Vegas for our first Sisters Trip. We were sad Lara wasn't with us....maybe next time, but we had a great time nonetheless! The plan for the long weekend was to sleep in, go to the pool, eat a lot and shop alot. I'm happy to say that based on this criteria the trip was a HUGE success.
Stacy and I drove down to Vegas while Amber took a direct flight from Seattle. Stacy and I arrived in Vegas about 45 minutes before Amber's flight landed. We decided to use our trusty GPS (aka....the Australian man named "Thunder".....completely appropriate for Las Vegas) to guide us to Costco to get some gas. After a lot of "recalculating" we learned that the GPS did not give the right directions or enough warning. After taking a tour through the "gated communities" of Las Vegas (if you consider a gated community one that includes bars on the windows and a homeless man pushing a shopping cart) we found Costco, filled up with gas and used the restroom (even though Costco was closed at 5pm!). After that little field trip we did a couple circles around the Vegas airport and we picked up Amber.
First stop on the agenda was Amber's request of a real Vegas original.......Cafe Rio! I can't complain cause I love that place and since they don't have one in Seattle it was a top priority for Amber. After Cafe Rio we took a little detour to Winchells (Stacy's request) and then it was off to the strip to see the latest and greatest of the fountains at the Bellagio.
By the look on Amber's face below it appears the fountains are scarier than they used to be. Must be the Halloween theme they had going to "I'm proud to be an American."After church the plan was to be lazy and lay out at the pool. Well as you can see by the photo below the sun was not exactly going to be out for a very long time.
Not to worry because Amber was determined to teach me to swim (she even brought me goggles). With no sun we thought it would be an excellent time to teach me how to swim. So we jumped in and got all wet and ready to start swim lessons.......and then it started thundering and lightening and they closed the pool for the rest of the day.....so, so sad.
(We look stunning and I can't believe I'm posting this picture on my own blog, but it was so funny)
The next morning we were hoping to wake up to clear skies and we DID! It was a beautiful day and the sun was shining. After a quick breakfast at Denny's we were off to the pool. We spent a lot of time at the pool. It was about 75 degrees so perfect laying out weather and the pool was heated so swimming was getting in the pool was also nice.
Amber tried to teach me to swim......
After our day at the pool we got ready and went shopping again. We bought a lot of stuff and had a lot of fun trying stuff on. Then it was time to go the Beatles LOVE show from Cirque de Soleil. We were excited to see this show and had heard that it was a great show and the #1 show you should see while in Vegas. So with high expectations we were definitely disappointed. We grew up with the Beatles and love the Beatles, but apparently we love the 1964 Beatles and not the late 60's/70's Beatles that were hippies and high on drugs. The show was very disappointing and there were not nearly enough "cool" Cirque de Soleil" tricks going on. The whole point of Cirque de Soleil is to see humans do amazing things with their bodies while holding onto a rope and the LOVE show had about 2 times that you saw that. It wasn't a dirty show, just a boring show. I mean, they didn't even play 8 days a week, Can't buy me love, or any of their goods songs.
We did take some pictures though to document the drug induced coma from the 70's that we had just been through.
The next day was another pool day and then we went to Cafe Rio again and dropped Amber off at the airport. Stacy and I then made the drive home (leaving Vegas at 6pm!). Good thing we had an excellent sing-a-long to Whitney Houston to keep us awake. It was a really fun trip and something we will definitely do again!!


4 comments:
I would like to make an amendment to this post. I did not have "slutty" maternity tops...who wants to see that? I had v-neck tops that were made for tank tops to be worn underneath them unless you are on a Victoria's Secret ad. :) And the tanks were NOT too small when I packed them...so sad.
How fun to do a sisters trip! Aren't sisters the best!
Btw- happy birthday today. Hope you have a fabulous day.
Fun!
That is a great idea. Maybe someday my sisters and I can be as fun as you guys! And, I am jealous of your Brad Paisley concert!!
Post a Comment