Sunday, April 18, 2010

Dancing with the Stars!!!

Several seasons ago I signed up to be on the waiting list to see Dancing with the Stars live in Hollywood. I had completely forgotten that I signed up for the tickets until I received an email stating that I would be able to get tickets for Monday's show. Well we check airfare and although it was expensive ($370 to LA) Julie (a girl I work with) and I decided to go for it!

So on Monday morning we flew to LAX. Thanks to an accident on the freeway we had to run to make our flight (we BARELY made it!). We went to eat lunch in the shopping center in Hollywood called "The Grove." Then we went and got in line for the show. Apparently our tickets were not guaranteed tickets! We barely got in the show (5 minutes before it started). Lots of people in line knew that we had come from Utah just for this so they were on our side, but we were stressed! Well it ended up being great because we were "seat fillers" and not only did we get to sit together, but we were in the VIP seats mixed in with all of the "stars" family and friends. We were right next to the interview room where all of the stars and their partners are interviewed and watch the show. We basically got to watch all of them interact with each other behind the scenes. After the show was over we could just wander around on the stage and everything. It was SO fun (except for the 6am Tues morning flight straight to work, then to school, then to run (dang half marathon) and THEN sleep!).

Sadly they do take your cameras and phones from you so you can't take pictures inside the show, but thanks to hulu I have a few shots :) For those fans of the show I did actually shake Derek Hough's hand and I can attest that Maks is as good looking in person as he is on TV. Seriously I probably stared at him too much and he may or may not think I'm a psycho but I don't care! His family was sitting right in front of us so when he talked to them I had to listen :)

Here are some pictures of the event.

Julie and I in "The Grove" Mall. It was really pretty and great weather!


Me in front of one of the Dancing with the Stars signs....it was a little windy :)


Julie and I while we waited and waited and waited in line. We saw a few interesting "she-males" during our wait in line. We weren't sure if they were women or drag queens!!


Me outside CBS studios....for a show on ABC. I'm not sure why that is.....

Here are some pictures of us in the audience (screen shotted from Hulu). You might have to click on them to make them bigger so you can actually see us. I have helped with some arro

If you'd like an autograph I'd be glad to give you one. I'm not going to let this fame go to my head!!




3 comments:

Ken Bagby said...

I am impressed! I wish I had known your were going to be on the show and I would have watched and recorded it.

Heather said...

You do such fun things!

Carrie Wood said...

Oh, what? That is great! Good job taking the chance. Good thing you got in. That would have really stunk!