Sunday, August 9, 2009

I survived!

I am officially a student once again. This past week I started the EMBA program at BYU. We had what BYU called "Residency Week" but I like to call "Adult EFY" this past week. I went to school every day from 7am - 5pm. I don't know if they have it that early to make you appreciate your job, but I now definitely appreciate my 9am start time at Monavie much more than I did a week ago. I almost can't wait to go back to work.....almost!

Highlights from the week included:
- Meeting my team that I get along with really well and should be my BFF's by the end of this year...LOL!
- Going to Camp Williams and doing really fun team building exercises that really made you get to know your team (a little too close in some cases!)
- Going to the power plant in Delta, UT. I learned all sorts of things about energy that I never knew (which wasn't hard since I pretty much knew nothing prior to this week).
- My professors and administration are seriously awesome. It was very well planned out week
- Eating WAY too much. They pretty much fed us every 2 hours.

I am actually loving school so far even though I did 10 hours of Accounting homework yesterday! I feel an overwhelming amount of gratitude that I was accepted into such a prestigious program. I will say that I was surprised by the average age of my program (37). There were so many people with many more years of experience that it was a little intimidating, but I think it will be great to learn from such smart people!

In short......I'm excited!

5 comments:

Mark and Jana said...

I'm so excited for you!!!

Becki said...

Glad you survived and good luck with school!

Jenna said...

I'm glad you like it! I know you will do great!

Carrie Wood said...

Good job getting all your homework done! Have fun. You'll do great.

Angela and Kevin Reese said...

You go girl. Good luck with school.