Sunday, August 30, 2009

School, Monavie Party & Vancouver

Sorry for the lack of posts lately. I am a busy, busy woman these days with school and work. Here is a little bit of what I have been up to in the past month.

I started the EMBA program and I LOVE it. My group gets along great. I am busy, but I like what I'm learning so the homework is fun and I feel like I'm progressing at something. Here is a picture of our class and me looking so very professional in my suit coat (front, right hand side).


Stacy and I also got to attend the Monavie employee part up at Park City Resort. The day included Chick-fil-a, the best cookies ever, shopping at the Outlets and then finally making it to the actual party (around 7pm). Unfortunately we arrived at the same time as the rain and they had closed the alpine slide, roller coaster, and the zip line. We waited it out through several storms and were able to go on the roller coaster 2 times. It was really, really fun!!

Here we are waiting for the roller coaster in the rain. We were about 10 people from getting on when it started raining.

Here we are actually on the coaster going up the hill. You got to control your own speed on the way down though and I had the controls!!! Thankfully Stacy didn't or we may have walked down the hill :) Sorry for the scary up close picture......just remember it had been raining :)


Vancouver

This past weekend I went to Vancouver for work. It was a quickly planned event (1 week!) but we pulled off an amazing Product Store. It was actually really, really fun and Vancouver is a beautiful city! Minus the 5:30am departure this morning the trip was great (SO SLEEPY!). Here are some pictures.

The first night we went down to Stanley park and looked at the city. This is the best picture my little camera would take. It was beautiful, great weather and we even had a seal sighting (or as some thought a really big fish ...LOL....you had to be there for that one).


The next morning I got up and had time to go for a long run back around the park. Our hotel is in the middle of the picture below. It was only about a 10 min run down to the park and it was a gorgeous morning.

Here is a picture of the park entrance before you get to the other side of the water.

I had to take a picture of this guy because he was sleeping like this when I started my run AND when I finished over an hour later. I thought perhaps he was dead, but he twitched so he was just napping.

Here is a picture of our group. We had a great time at dinner each night and laughed ALOT. Vancouver has some great food and I would definitely recommend this restaurant below ("The Keg"). It was a great steakhouse for $25 total!

2 comments:

Annie said...

Two questions--is that Mindy Gilbert in your class pic and are there any single hotties in your class? :)

Carrie Wood said...

You look so fancy in your suit with all the other fancy students! Fancy pants!
Vancouver looks like tons of fun. You are a busy girl!