Sunday, October 5, 2008

"I know I can't dance".....but I'm happy others can

Back in my "glory days" I had no trouble putting on a short skirt and dancing for the entire student body at Orem High. These days I wouldn't dream of dancing in public on any level, let alone on a stage in front of people. I can't even bring myself to go to the hip hop aerobics class at the gym (mostly because I feel twice the age of the teeny boppers in that class). Let's face it I should have played sports, but instead I chose cheerleading....oh the lame choices I made.

Even though I have lost all dancing skill I once claimed to have, I still LOVE watching other people dance so I jumped at the chance to attend the "So You Think you can Dance?" tour. For those of you who are unfamiliar with the show, it is a reality show with judges where real dancers showcase all different types of dance (ballroom, hip hop, contemporary, broadway, jazz, etc.). Once the show is over the Top 10 dancers go on tour and you can see your favorite dancers from the show perform live.

I went with Jenna and her friend Jennie from California. Our first stop was the Cheesecake Factory which I haven't been to since in opened in Murray. Dinner was of course delicious. Then we headed to the show. We had great seats (phew! I was nervous since I was the ticket coordinator). The show was awesome and lasted 3 hours. I couldn't believe they performed that many dances with pretty much no more than 1 minute breaks in between dances. I was pleased to see everyone of my favorite dances and many times I was flat out in shock with the sheer ability of these dancers. I can not believe what they can do with their bodies. Amazing. I can't dream of doing the splits anymore, but one of the dancers had no trouble leaping and being caught in mid-air in the splits. Seriously??? These dancers are amazing. It was a great evening and I can't wait to go again next year!

Me and Jenna at the show. Yep we took our picture in front of the sign along with all the teeny boppers.

5 comments:

Annie said...

You look so good! That sounds like so much fun. Maybe I will go next year if they come back to Utah!

Jenna said...

Thanks for a fun night and for the great seats! Don't lie...I know you still have some moves....Jewel dance....need I say more?

Carrie Wood said...

Maybe you should try some dance moves...you might surprise yourself!

Habs said...

I'm so jealous you went to SYTYCD. I am in love with everything Mia Michaels does. We need to do another get together!

amanda said...

I'm so jealous. I wish I could have gone. Maybe next time.
Hey, I need a soul sisters soon. We'll have to plan it.