I was blessed this past holiday season to enjoy 10 days off of work. I have found that I have plenty to do at home & can keep myself quite busy. Who needs a job? Not me!
This past week Mother Nature has brought Utah a ton of snow storms. As a season pass holding, snowboarder with 10 days off work I found that Mother Nature had excellent timing!! I went snowboarding 6 times in the past 10 days and I'm really perfecting my skills. Just a few more times & I'll be ready for the Olympics!
Christmas morning I went snowboarding with Ryan & Greg. Sundance had received 8" of new snow on Christmas Eve, but the sun was shining on Christmas morning and luckily most people were opening their presents which meant that there were about 50 people at the resort. We had a great time on all the fresh new snow. The best day snowboarding, however, came the following Saturday. It had snowed most of the day on Friday and was still snowing a little bit on Saturday morning. As we rode the lift to the back mountain we found that it was a blizzard at the top. The wind was howling & there was snow everywhere. As we rode the lift that first time we thought that the day may be very, very short. However after our first run down we knew for sure that we were going to stay for a very, very LONG time. Once you dropped off the peak of the mountain the wind was gone & the snow was AWESOME! We were in powder up to our mid-thighs and I kept spraying myself in the face with my own powder. I had to go fast or else I would sink into all the powder and get stuck so I was flying! I have never had so much fun on my snowboard. I felt like I was gliding and through the air. There is not much better (in the winter, that is). We stayed until our legs told us it was time to leave.
Other than that I spent a lot of time at the mall shopping, working out, eating, studying for the PMP exam, and just relaxing.
2008 was rung in with 2 of my favorite things, the Utah Jazz (winning, finally) and Cafe Rio. It also involved getting stopped in a DUI roadblock right by my house. I really must live in the ghetto. I am happy to report that New Years Eve did not involve any lame "stand-around."
Wednesday, January 2, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


5 comments:
What's the PMP exam?
And, what's not to like about our blog :(
The PMP Exam stands for project management professional. Basically it makes me a "real" project manager.
I don't get the blog comment. I love your blog, if only you wrote in it more often.
Wahoo! Jen updated! I am fianlly going snowboarding again next week. It's about time. We are going to Sundance. Maybe we will see you there :)
I check your blog all the time and you don't update enough. I was beginning to give up on you. I've never been skiing or snowboarding and I'm from Utah. It sounds like fun though. Your single life makes me jealous sometimes (shopping, eating out, etc, etc) I know the grass is always greener but I'd switch you for a couple days. You can change 3 children's diapers and listen to 3 children whine all day...it's fun I promise.
Do you remember when we went snowboarding? It was my first and my last time. I guess the hip braids didn't make a snowboarder out of me. How fun that you are still going!!
Post a Comment