Monday, January 7, 2008

I must have done something wrong......

This past weekend I have remember how lucky I am to never get sick. Unfortunately this reminder came in the form of every possible symptom a person could have at one time. My sickness began about 2 hrs before our family x-mas party. At the time I had a slight cough, but didn't think much of it and wasn't feeling really bad. I should have thought more about not being around the kids, but I honestly didn't feel sick and didn't think I was really getting sick. I have now learned otherwise. In the past weekend I have experienced all of the following:

- Sore throat
- Cough
- Sinus mess (runny nose, sneezing, headaches)
- Ear ache
- Throwing up
- Coming out the "other" end
- Fever with the "shakes"

Needless to say I went to the doctor today and learned that I have strep throat and some sort of ear/sinus mess that is turning into bronchitis. Luckily I was given a shot in my hip and sent on my way & I'm feeling much better right now than I have all weekend.

I surely hope that nobody I was around gets this disease, but I can't be positive as I was probably quite contagious. So I apologize in advance.

I did get a day off work....I suppose that is a plus.

2 comments:

amanda said...

Yuck! Hopefully you are feeling better soon.

Matt and Sharon Johnson said...

That same thing happened to me! I was telling someone how I never get sick and the next week I was sick. I had a cough for almost a month. It must be a curse! Matt and I went to Sundance today. We had so much fun. I thought of you and how nice it would be to have a pass. Get well soon!