Thursday, September 20, 2007

World Traveler

Lately I have been taking my married friends advice & going on all the vacations I can before I get married. Not that marriage is anywhere close in my future, but hey, you have to take your opportunities when you get them so I am taking them!

My most recent trip took me to the beautiful island of Kauai, Hawaii. I know, I know I am pretty spoiled as I went to Oahu just 5 months ago. I can't help it that my roommates parents have a timeshare they don't know how to use!!! We couldn't let 2 free weeks in Hawaii go to pot. Unlike last trip we determined that this trip would be a "Girls Only" trip. The place we were staying was slightly smaller (only slept 4) and we thought that it should just be the girls.

Our trip started as NuSkin's convention ended. I literally left the Salt Palace in SLC and went straight to the airport. What a great feeling! We stayed the night in Portland (Thanks Ben & Angel!) and then we were off in the morning for Kauai.

Kauai is called the "Garden Island" for good reason. It is SO GREEN! There are waterfalls everywhere, trees, and red dirt (like the grand canyon). They also have a lot of gorgeous beaches. Since this was a "girls only" trip there was no need for doing our hair or make-up. We didn't think about how our pictures may reflect this choice, but man was it great to not do my hair or wear make-up all week! Our days consisted of this.

1. Wake up around 7-8am
2. Eat breakfast
3. Activity for the day -(Hike, go to the beach, kayak, boat ride)
4. Shower
5. Eat Dinner
6. Read or go to bed by 9. Yes, 9

I have posted a few photos on my flickr account (yes I know I work for Photomax, but it is easier to send you to a link to view them). I also have uploaded some videos to my Maxcast channel.

http://www.flickr.com/photos/13973329@N06/
http://www.maxcast.com/jenbagby

No comments: