Saturday, August 11, 2012

Mother of 3 for a week

In August I went to Seattle to watch Amber & Scott's kids while they went to Maui for their 10th anniversary.  I will admit that I was a little nervous to be a mom for a week in a foreign city that I knew where nothing was.  I knew Ashley and Andrew would be great, but I was also wondering how 15 month old Katie would react to me since she wasn't so fond of me a few week's earlier when Scott and Amber were in Utah.

The week was honestly wonderful!  Amber's kids were so, so good, especially Katie.  That kid literally did not cry at all until the last day when she started getting a little sick and had had a rough morning of falling down, but she took an early nap and was fine the rest of the day.  I even worked half the time I was up there and we had so much fun. I really can't get over how wonderful the kids were and how it was truly a vacation and something really fun for me.  Made me really envious of Amber's life!

Here is a little re-cap of what we did:

Went to the bouncy  house






Ate at McDonalds (including purchasing the most important Happy Meal)


Went on a 2 mile hike to the waterfall with a slightly tricky ending to get to the actual waterfall (I would have preferred another adult just for the last 100 ft, thankfully there were other random adults there to help:) )






Took a nap on Aunt Jen's back (perhaps a little poor time management on my part)


Peed in a river.....that was just Andrew, but he was pretty proud of that :)


Ran through the sprinklers (on a 90+ degree day in Seattle)



Went to the Park (a lot!)



Had a half-birthday party for Ashley where we did silly things like eat a half-moon birthday cake, wore our hair differently on each half of our head and ate a half pizza for dinner (somehow even the pizza delivery guy knew it was Ashley's half-birthday).


Went in and out of the sliding door a thousand times (oh wait that was just Katie)


Made cookies and ate all the dough we wanted :)


Learned to walk better


And my favorite video....Andrew sings me Book of Mormon stories


It was a fabulous week! 

1 comment:

Ken Bagby said...

Fantastic recap and pictures/videos. It felt like we were right there with you! What a bunch of cuties!