Sunday, May 13, 2012

Provo City Center Temple Groundbreaking

Our ward was asked to help usher at the groundbreaking for the new "Provo City Center Temple" (burned Provo tabernacle).  I hadn't ever participated in a ground breaking so I signed up as did a couple of my "mid-singles" friends.  We had to be there at the bright and early hour of 6:45am (started at 9am). I was a "roving usher" and let's just say that with general admission seating we didn't need to help too many people find their seats.  It was fun to chat with friends though while we "ushered." 

Elder Holland presided and since he is my BFF ever since our encounter in Seattle figured I had better be in attendance or he would miss me desperately.  He gave a great speech as per usual.  It will be great to see the temple come to life.

 (Kim, Me, Matt)

1 comment:

Carrie Wood said...

Good job giving service. :) Where are the pics from your trip to Europe?