Monday, June 21, 2010

Roommate Reunion

This post is about 3 weeks old, but it will definitely be worth it. A couple weeks ago Stacy and I got together with one of our roommates, Heather (Whittaker) Barlow, from 12 years ago! Wow, it really had been that long! Heather has been living back east forever, however we have kept in touch via our blogs. It was crazy to get together considering we haven't seen each other in person for so long, but with the blogs we are all up-to-date on each others lives. It was fabulous to get together again.

So for old times sake I thought I would show our improvement in the last 12 years. Thanks to my scrapbooking (prior to digital cameras) we are provided with these beautiful photos from the glorious King Henry Apt. 76 (1997-1998). I realize not everyone may approve of these being posted on the internet, but oh well :)

Roommate pictures after church. I also love our "Tennessee Prom Queen," Miss Heather who I believe had her bridal pictures hair done with overalls on afterwards....LOL

Sadly I saw overalls in the Gap just this week. Looks like it's time to pull those back out :)


BYU Preference (Heather, Me, and Stacy are in the middle).....yep we still went to dances, but for all those that don't know, we did have FREE tickets from our glory days at Hogi Yogi. I guess there were some perks to working there other than the pay ($4.40/hr).


Self-explanatory photo shoot at our apartment. We weren't camera shy.


A picture of us 12 years later. Sadly all the shots above were taken long before Cafe Rio existed.

3 comments:

Stacy said...

Oh MY! It's the revenge of my mop hair-do! Oh how I miss the care-free days of King Henry and Hogi Yogi. Those were some good times! Perhaps I should pull out some old photos for my post on our reunion...hum...this could be fun!

Heather said...

GACK! Those overalls make me look like I'm hiding 300 pounds in there! (And let it be known that those are LAURA'S and not mine, so it looks like I'm going to have to go shopping at GAP.)

Those really were good times--some of my favorites. And having after-hours access to Hogi Yogi was definitely a plus. (My favorite is still peppermint/vanilla snackwells. :>)

Thanks for embarrassing me while walking through memory lane! :)

Angela and Kevin Reese said...

Wow! 12 years. Are you sure you did the math right?