Sunday, July 5, 2009

4th of July!

The 4th of July is my FAVORITE holiday. This year I went up to Logan to spend the weekend with Amber, Scott, Ashley and Andrew. I had a great time! Here is a recap of what we did.

The first stop was the pool. I actually made it to the pool before I made it to the McAllister's house :) It was a warm and beautiful day. I even convinced Ashley to float on a noodle and "blow bubbles" which she did with her mouth (not her nose).



That night we went to see the Cache Valley fireworks show (yes on July 3rd). It was a beautiful evening and the rain held off which was good because Ashley was VERY concerned that it might rain and we would have to leave!



Also planned for the weekend was painting the kitchen and the front room. We decided to let Ashley start off the painting....she then took a nap so we could finish :)

For the 4th of July we went the the "Cruise In" parade where they basically shut down the Main street of Logan for a parade of cars where people drive their rebuilt cars up and down the street for 2.5 hours. I seriously laughed so hard at how popular this was. Here are some pictures.....

These are the types of cars you would see. For some reason Amber was obsessed with getting a picture of the "Back to the Future" car.



Also one reason I love going to Logan is that the McAllisters grill all the time and AWESOME food. We had shishkabobs, chicken on a can (soda can), BBQ'd pizza, Pasookies......they seriously cook so much GREAT food, but of course keep all their recipes to themselves. Amber also made me run 6 miles with her since she is training for a half marathon. Well I wish I had been training like the last 2 years because it would have made for a much more enjoyable run. I've only been casually running 3-4 miles a 1-2 times a week this year. Needless to say only one of us ran the whole time.....and it wasn't me. I guess training does help!

Anyways it was a GREAT weekend!

3 comments:

Kellie Glade said...

Looks like you guys had a great time! Gotta love Logan!

Laura said...

Looks like you had a great time! I have a recipe for Pizzookies that I will email you...so YUMMY!

Laurel @ Ducks in a Row said...

You're looking great Jen - glad you had fun.