Sunday, August 31, 2008

Warning!!! iPhones can be hazardous to your health!!

Thanks to my new employer, Monavie I have a new iPhone 3G. I am amazed at how helpful it is to have & how addicting it is. I have loved checking the traffic, playing games, getting my email, etc. However, I never thought it would lead to this.....

NOT Normal bending of the pinky finger.....



or THIS......


Yesterday at the BYU football game I was sitting near the portal and didn't want my new iPhone to fall out of my pocket and over the railing, so naturally I went to transfer it from my left pocket to my right pocket. While doing this I lost a grip on my phone and subsequently dropped it (it is okay), but my pinky finger ended up bent oddly. I thought it was jammed or dislocated & even had my co-workers try to pop it back into place. This happened prior to kick off and I did stay for the entire game (can't pass up the Legacy seats!!!). I decided to take a visit to the Instacare as my finger just didn't look right.

I became "that weird injury" at the Instacare....mostly for how I busted my finger up. Seriously the doctor laughed out loud and then brought in all the other doctors & nurses, a video camera and 2 other patients to laugh at me (ok, with me as I was laughing really hard).

Verdict = "Mallet Finger" or baseball finger, a ruptured tendon in my finger = possible SURGERY to repair the ruptured tendon. I will find out for sure on Tuesday as I was told to "immediately" see a hand surgeon ASAP. Surgery? Seriously? How embarrassing. Although on the internet it seems surgery is not the first option, but the doctor at the Instacare said surgery so we shall see (i sure hope the internet is right...it is like gospel right???).

I now have this lovely bandage and splint on until Tuesday which makes showering really fun and lets me get to tell my retarded story to everyone that sees me. Luckily it is my left pinky finger, which is probably my least important finger, but I have found in the last day that Heavenly Father created all fingers for a reason.

Until Tuesday when I get the real verdict......

9 comments:

amanda said...

Oh you poor thing. You are so funny though. Really? that much sacrifice for an iphone and the football game? My sister's husband has an iphone and she always says it's like bringing a 3rd person on their dates:)
Well I hope you don't have to have surgery. That would suck. It is a cool story though:)

Cabreros Family (UT) said...

Note to self...never let Jen hold "MY" iPhone at any sporting events and 2...we can't trust Jen to do any "Pinky Swears"...

Jenna said...

Sorry...I am totally laughing at your expense. See if you would just stick to the old school flip phone like me, this would have never happened. I hope you are ok and don't need surgery!

Jamie said...

Wow- that is quite the bandage for a little pinky finger. I am sorry that you are hurt but you have the best story to tell!!! So good to see you last week!

Carrie Wood said...

OH my! That is amazing, and really what are the odds of that happening??? I really hope you don't have to get surgery. And, Jen, what do you mean you never have any news?

Jenni said...

I read this post to Zach and we both had a very good laugh. Zach was relieved that you mentioned that the Iphone was okay. He was a little worried about it. Hope that everything works out with your hand.

Amy said...

I know it isn't funny.... but it is! Poor you!!! I hope you get feeling better soon!

Kellie Glade said...

How sad...but funny. I hope you are not in too much pain. Hope it heals quickly.

Brooke said...

Jen, this is crazy! I have seen this cool phone that you have, though now I am wondering if it really is that cool. LOL. Get that finger healed. Who would have thought?